Community Feature Requests

IP Address Exclusion

It would be nice to have a way to exclude certain IPs/ranges of IPs. AdRoll has had this feature since their launch.

This can be a very cost effective way to cut out some wasted clicks/impressions as employees of your own business see the ads all the time.

44 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Brian JacksonBrian Jackson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Perfect AudienceAdminPerfect Audience (Support, Perfect Audience) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Today's your lucky day! We literally just released this feature this morning. We haven't made an official announcement yet, but this is available in Step One of your campaign setup page. In the same section allowing you to setup Geotargeting and Dayparting settings, you'll now find an option for IP exclusion.

Thanks for your patience while we built this out!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? I can't believe your solution is to create a new page on all of clients sites, then setting up a new tracking pixel then each time we clear our browser open that page first. Talk about pushing it off on somebody else. wow, just wow

• JakeJake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously Perfect Audience, you need to get on this feature.

• Perfect AudienceAdminPerfect Audience (Support, Perfect Audience) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey all!

We don't (currently) have the ability to blacklist via IP, but there's a fairly easy way to accomplish this:

1. Setup a new page on your site that only you know about and install our tracking tag on that page.
        2. Create a retargeting audience that points to that page, then have your office visit the page to add themselves to that audience.
        3. In your campaign settings, Exclude this new audience.

Now anyone from your office won't see your ads anymore.

We understand this isn't an ideal solution and we do hope to expand on this, but this workaround will accomplish what you're looking for!

Scott

• TseringTsering commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Honestly a tad surprised this isn't a feature. I would assume this is a bare minimum for retargeting, as a start up a significant portion of our traffic is staff.

• Jordon MeyerJordon Meyer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed! Most other ad platforms allow you to block IPs. Some clients get very annoyed by seeing their own ads. Any help here, even a workaround would be much appreciated.

• Ryan FioreRyan Fiore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Brian that this is a very important feature that is not available in Perfect Audience. I'm an advertiser for some very large volume clients who focus their spend on CPM Facebook Newsfeed. The CPM is usually around $25 and I probably see an easy 10-15 ads a day which would easily be exclusded with an IP block. This would really help save money and deliver lower CPA's to our clients!

Feedback and Knowledge Base